OBD2 Fault Code Reader is ideal for DIY and professional use, as a quick and simply plug and play tool to read & clear a wide range of fault codes & warning lights from OBD2 compliant vehicles. No software is required, and the unit is self-powered via the vehicles OBD2 port meaning it can be carried around in any tool box, ready when required.
- No batteries required - Simply connect the OBDII cable to the vehicles port.
- Work with all 1996 and newer vehicles that are OBDII compliant (including CAN).
- Read and clear generic & manufacturer specific errors
- Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and turn off engine check light.
- Support multiple trouble code requests: generic codes, pending codes and manufacturer specific codes.
- Review the emission readiness status of OBD monitors.
- Determine the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) status.
- Retrieve VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on 2002 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9
Please note, for your vehicle to be OBD II compliant, it must have a 16-pin DLC (Data Link Connector) and the Vehicle Emission Control Information Label must state that the vehicle is OBD II compliant. Please check before purchase.
Support OBD protocols
- SAE J1850 PWM (41.6Kbaud)
- SAE J1850 VPW (10.4Kbaud)
- ISO9141-2(5 baud init, 10.4Kbaud)
- ISO14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 Kbaud)
- ISO14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4 Kbaud)
- ISO15765-4 CAN (11bit ID, 500 Kbaud)
- ISO15765-4 CAN (29bit ID, 500 Kbaud)
- ISO15765-4 CAN (11bit ID, 250 Kbaud)
- ISO15765-4 CAN (29bit ID, 250 Kbaud)
Please note: The reader will not be able to read codes for airbags and braking systems. OBD II readers mainly read OBD II codes (emissions systems) in 99.9% of vehicles.